Wednesday 9 July 2014

Day 240 - Back to normal, I think.

My final placement meeting is now officially over, and now I have to work for 5 more weeks and I'll be back to being a student once again. But that also means it is now only 5 weeks until I start my final year.

Got woken up at some stupid time by a terrible pain, which isn't like me, I never get ill (touch wood) but for some unknown reason both me and Terri were both really sick this morning. We can't explain for the life of us what it might of been. I'm feeling much better though now, but I think Terri is still suffering.

It's been another slow day to say I only have 5 weeks left, but I have my mum and sister coming up tonight and I think we're going to grab some food somewhere whilst they're up which will be nice. It's my mums birthday this weekend but I won't be able to make it down, until next weekend. Hopefully can get her presents over to her by then as well. I've got her some things to help her out at the gym. She's recently signed up and started getting into fitness. I have to admit she is looking really well and has been working out a lot, not that she needs to work out at all, but she enjoys what she's doing. I think next time I'm home I'll getting my running stuff back with me and we'll go for a run, I've not been running in a long time so I imagine she'll run circles around me.

With my mum and sister coming up they're bringing the rest of my stuff up to the new place, which means I'll be back with my guitar which I get serious withdrawal from if I can't play her. Yeah, her. Both my amp and my guitar are my daughters and nobody gets to touch my daughters with out my written permission. I'm hoping to purchase a classical guitar in the next few weeks so I can start learning flamenco and classical guitar, which is what I want to take with me around Europe after uni. I just want to turn up at a bar and say "would you like someone to play tonight?" and just play gigs in different counties. I might take a lot of work and it might take a lot of time, but I'm sure it will be worth it. Hopefully both me and Jonny can meet some musicians whilst we're out and about as well and start a band overseas.

Speaking of Jonny, he is back in the house tonight and I think our favourite takeaway could be on the menu, Burger Time! We went to town on that place in our second year, to the point were the delivery guy knew are names and always had a laugh with us. They're dead friendly there as well which is always a winner.

I think I'm going to try and make it a thing now that I come in to work a little earlier, because that also means I get to leave earlier, whilst the weather is like this I think it is the best call. Really not looking forward to it getting dark really early, hate that time of year. Just makes me want to run home and get in bed like an old man. Guess it could be different next year now I don't really have to be up that early and the prospect of nights out during the week come into play.

No comments:

Post a Comment