Monday 7 July 2014

Day 238 - A nice easy Monday

It has been a very quiet day at work, for a Monday it's always a winner. But I just want to get home and finish off The Avengers!

Finished off a lot of films I've been meaning to watch for ages last night but ended up falling asleep halfway through The Avengers, it was awesome so far. I don't normally go for comic book films but this one was great. To be honest it has inspired me to carry on watching some more. I finished off Sin City, which again was epic and moved onto Thor: The Dark World, which was also pretty good, a little cheesy in places, but what do you expect from a comic book film. Then I moved onto The Avengers, which is sort of in the wrong order, because it takes place in between the two Thor films, but either way I think I can get away with it. I only got halfway through but I'm itching to get home and finish it off. Also made reminded me that I need to catch up on X-men, I'm thinking of having a session of X-men from start to finish this week. Loved the first movie and never moved on from there for some reason.

It has been a slow day, I got in super early to try and impress my boss for the final month of my placement but she wasn't even in. Guess it's good practice for the last few moments of this placement. I have enjoyed it all round but it has made me realise that I don't want to do this job for a living. As a kid I dreamed of becoming the IT guy and helping out with loads of problems, but it is really not what I expected at all, it hasn't put me off IT at all, because I love the fact I'm getting a step up from everyone else in these machines that are very quickly taking over everything, but I think I different field of IT would suit me better, what that field is I do not know. I've also really enjoyed the marketing side of this placement, I've learnt a lot of new things in marketing. I think if IT fails me later on I'll move on to marketing. But I think my goal right now is teaching, Terri has just applied for a teaching course here in Huddersfield, and all being well she'll be on it. Looking through her personal statement she'll do just fine. Hoping I can follow on. But I think after uni I want to travel a bit and playing some music around the world, I am 22 and I want do that kind of thing before I get any older, hopefully I can find something somewhere else that can keep me a float, whether that be a full time job or playing music for a living, my possibilities are endless when it comes to the rest of the world. I think if I stay here I'll just end up in a boring job and I'll have no stories. I watched an Alan Watts lecture the other day and he said that if money was no object what would you do? If you know what you want to do, then do it. Wouldn't you rather do what you've always dreamed to do and lead a short life, than live a long boring life wishing you'd have followed what you'd always wanted to do. It's a very risky move, but in the long run you're always going to be happier doing something like that. Words like that hit me hard, I'm not sure if that's because I'm still a young gullible student, but I know what I want to do, and I'm going to go for it, no matter what. I am my final meeting with my tutor tomorrow, and I'm in two minds what to say when he asks me about leaving uni, do I please him and say I want to carry on in education and eventually become a teacher (which I do want to do), or do I be honest and say I want to do something crazy before I do all that. I'm thinking of being brutally honest with him, not that'll ever see him again. I do like to read peoples reactions when I tell them what I want do. The reactions of my close friends and family have all been 100% positive, but I know someone like my tutor will try and pull me back down and stop me. But nobody is going to stop me. I'm too determined to do it and I know when I put my mind to it, and have my confidence behind me I can do what I want...Wow where did this come from? Anyway, I remember hearing that you can fail at a job or goal which I don't want to do after choosing a path through fear dressed up as practically, so you might as well take a chance on doing something you'll know you'll love. So there I go haha.

Feeling pretty inspired right now, but that's enough of that for the time being, I'll let even more out tomorrow in front of my tutor and see what he says. I barely know the guy, maybe he will be behind me, either way. I'm doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment