Tuesday 27 May 2014

Day 198 - Back to business

The weekend is over, so it's time to get back to work, train travel and Photoshop.

It's been a pretty good weekend what with going home, seeing family and then coming back, seeing friends and seeing Terri. The perfect weekend I like to call it, and their is no sign of future weekends not being like that, which I could certainly get use to.

Staying at Terris means I get a little extra time in bed, which is always a winner, so I went to work in a good mood, which is rare haha. To top it off, Terri made me some epic food for dinner and I even got some feedback on my work, which I never get, and it was good day. That is one of few reasons I actually enjoy doing what I do. There is nothing worse than doing work for someone and getting nothing in return, and it is always a motivating feeling when you get a "thank you" from someone.

We're nearly at day 200, which I keep totally forgetting about. 200 whole days of blogging, I honestly thought I would never get this far. I'm not really sure what to do on the 200th day, I'll probably do a look back over the days and maybe try and plan something special along side it, if I can think of anything that is.

Today whilst I've been hard at work I've gone back in time and listened to a absolute classic album. Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin (1969). The main reason I stuck it on, not just being a overall kickass album, is that I'm getting to see Robert Plant at Glastonbury, and I know he plays a few classic Zeppelin covers in his solo set, along with some of his solo stuff. If "Dazed and Confused" and "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" don't get you in the mood to work then nothing ever will. I might even move on to Led Zeppelin II tomorrow and carry on this Led Zep rush I'm getting haha. Of course that album opens up ith "Whole Lotta Love", which will get me in the mood once again when I'm on the early train to Huddersfield. Even though these albums came out at the back end of the 60's I've been getting into another very popular 60's band called The Zombies. I had only heard of the one song "Time of the Season" a few months back, but after listen to the album "Odessey and Oracle" it really comes into its own. I even checked out a live video from a recent show they did, and they certain still have it. They are so unbelievable tight, the drums are so well timed, even though they probably never used a click track back then, and everyone was too high to make the effort to time drums. Nobody wants to time drums anyway, unless you're programming electric drums to go over a EDM track. Don't get me wrong, drum tracks like that have there place, but I think if you want a real, raw and human track then you're much better off practicing the hell out of a take and nailing it, rather than timing them. If you take any Black Keys album, you can tell a human being in sat behind a kit playing with their heart, and not over Pro Tools.

Was that a rant? I keep doing that, I think I need to tone down on the ranting. It seems like every other day I have another new topic to moan about. Maybe I'm getting old? No. No I am not getting old. Never! 

No comments:

Post a Comment