Sunday 11 May 2014

Day 182 - Up early, bed early.

It's the weekend and I'm actually on my laptop blogging, am I slowly becoming a full time blogger? No, because I still can't structure a sentence and I have pretty much no audience. Oh well, I enjoy it haha.

Was up early this morning on my way to Huddersfield to have band practice, it was well, it's always good to get the gang back together for a few hours. Went through a few old school High State tracks and then discussed the music video next weekend. We're all a little nervous, and under prepared, but hopefully we'll all have a lot of fun. We got talking to a guy in a band who has done a few music videos and he said the best tip to make sure you're comfy on camera is to have a few beers before filming. If we go anything by what we do before gigs then we'll be right as rain. 

Soon as I got in I slammed some food in the oven and watched the rest of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest. Probably the second best film I've watched in a long time. That and 2001: A Space Odyssey have changed my few on cinema all together. I'm going to carry on watching films from the list of 250 I found. I have No Country for Old Men, Memento and Sin City to watch over the next few days. I started by picking the films I've always said I want to watch, then I might move on to a few curve balls.

Feels good to be at my laptop doing a post for a change, I might have to start doing this on the weekend more often. Maybe I'll post actual blog posts over the weekends inside of a little bite into my day. Depends how lazy/hungover I get over the weekend really. It has been a calm one all round really this weekend, Friday we did nothing, Saturday we waiting for Andy to arrive and then Sunday we had band, so nothing majorly eventful really. A guy just walk past the house really drunk singing Eddie Murphy - Party All The Time, you don't normally hear that everyday, maybe a few more times in Leeds though.

I was talking with Johnny today how different we might be if we stayed in Huddersfield. We wouldn't own half the vinyls we do now, or be into the music we are if we didn't move to Leeds. Even though it has been awfully expensive it has not been a regret whatsoever. I've enjoyed it very much, and would do it again if I could afford it, but I think Huddersfield is calling for us.

Boo, Monday tomorrow. However I have a curve ball featured beard to lay on the table tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment