Thursday 8 May 2014

Day 179 - More and more things coming together

Not only is the screenplay coming together, but Glastonbury is just round the corner, and I'm on my own at work, doing everything!

First thing I did when I got in was book my train tickets to Manchester for Glastonbury. I know that sounds bizarre but we are all getting a coach from Manchester to the festival itself. We have a friend who is coming with us who lives in Manchester, so we're having one night one comfort round his with some good food before we have to tent it for 5 days. I get to Manchester In the afternoon and we set off from Manchester at 2AM, which then gets us to the festival just before the gates open. It is going to be tough, but I think I can manage it for an epic weekend. There is a rumor going around that the line up is going to be announced at 7PM tonight, so I'll be refreshing every site I know to find out who that surprise Saturday night headliner might be, along with some other names that should be added as well. I think The Subways confirmed themselves recently.

Back to reality, I've had a really busy day at work today, but I've still managed to save some time to blog. Long story short, I'm on my own what with folks being on holiday, so any meeting I'm on my own. Which I admit is a little worrying at times, but after the first few you're use to it. Today I had some big meetings with heads of departments and had to explain what was going on with the Green Hud campaign we're setting up. I thought I'd risk it and not plan any notes, which was a good idea, because it would probably make me more nervous in the long run. But like always, I had nothing to be nervous about, after five minutes I was talking and didn't stop. Everyone seems to like it and the ball and well and truly rolling.

I totally forgot about the stupid amount of food I have at home, so I think I'm making my plan when I get in is to set up some TV and then cook, loads! Not given myself time to eat so I could get everything done and even leave a little earlier than planned. I think that'll end the day off nicely. Of course it is the best day of the week tomorrow, lovely Friday. Not planning anything this weekend, I think I'm going to tidy the house so we don't have a spend too much time cleaning at last minute for when we move out. Plus I'm moving all my stuff out next weekend, and I'll be on a sleeping bag for a few weeks. Thought I'd get it all out nice and early. Plus we move out the day Glastonbury finishes, and I don't think anyone will be in any fit state to move anything that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment