Monday 12 May 2014

Day 183 - Featured Beard: Andy Copeland

This is my dear friend Andy Copeland. He plays bass like a machine and I have the pleasure of sharing the same stage as him. As you can see from the picture, he is also a fan of the beard. So I'm going to spend a few moments reviewing this fine beard I have had the pleasure of having my hands on. Like normal, I go into the history of the person, but I feel I should say now that I'll have to miss a lot out due to legal reasons...plus I'm pulling most of this straight from his Facebook profile.

So Andrew Copeland was apparently born and bought up in the town of Kingswood, Gloucestershire, you can tell that the farming life has taken its toll on Andy as of today he can grown the manliest beard in the band. Probably from all the tractor driving and sheep herding making him so manly.
Andy now lives in the city of London working for Avid, from what I have heard he is mainly on the phone, but a beard like that deserves to be out and free for the world to see, not behind a desk! Apparently his first job was back in 2009, working at Lloyds Pharmacy. Maybe Andy found some secret pills hidden behind the counter which triggered his extensive beard growth?! Nobody knows. All I can say is, they did a good job, and where the hell can I find them? 

After sailing through school and college with flying colours as a bearded child he soon found himself with the conundrum of picking a university to go to. Luckily he picked the center of the universe, Huddersfield. If Andy would not have picked Huddersfield he wouldn't be a bassist in a kickass rock band, and I wouldn't be able to give his beard a little stroke when I'm feeling down about my shitty baby beard.



Going into more detail about the beard itself, the possibilities are endless. I have seen this man rock a handlebar moustache before, and wield it with pride as he walks around Camel like the total boss he is. Here is proof of said handlebar. Just look at it. Andy is clearly a man who has no boundaries when it comes to facial hair. A man who is proud to have such hair grow from his face in any manner or style has my respect for a lift time.



Andy is well known to be a little bit of a party animal, but how the hell do you stop a man with a beard? You don't. You stop whatever you are doing and look at the beard. But In all seriousness he is a great guy, and it is amazing know him, you could be in the worst mood ever and he will put a smile on your face, beard or no beard. He is forever a happy guy, and I've learnt a lot from him. It is a fantastic feeling having such a close friend with my on stage, and being able to share so many new experiences with him is unreal. I have the pleasure of living with him next year, just think of all the beard stroking that is going to go on!



Ladies and gentleman Andy Copeland!





No comments:

Post a Comment