Thursday 15 May 2014

Day 186 - Definitely getting old

Yup, it's been another busy day, but I've filled it with new music from different times. With this in mind I have just got into Neil Young, who I thought was boring back in my teenage years...it's happening.

Again, like always, found it hard to get up this morning. The train ride is getting really boring now, I'm even getting bored of seeing the same tired faces on the train. No doubt they're bored of me as well. Trains are still filled with some of the rudest people, it is honestly like it is no hold barred when it comes to train stations. People in suits barging past people, and old people thinking they own the place. I'm all for respecting the elderly, but some do actually take the piss. I'm surprised I've managed to keep it to just telling one guy to fuck off this past year, guess their is still time though for some more haha.

We booked all our tickets and what not ready for the shoot on saturday, it is a very early start. We're planning on getting up about 7AM, making a big breakfast and then hitting the road...well tracks. We're getting to the shoot extra early, because we're going for a few beers before the actual shoot to loosen up a little, I think the crew are even coming along which will be good. Exciting times.

Other than photoshopping everything under the sun I've been filling the day with loads of music. I think I mentioned yesterday I checked out a band called Lau who are a folk band, checked out their latest album and it is sick. Here is a link to one of my personal favoruites from the album. They are performing it live here, and it sounds exactly like it does on the album. Musicianship to the max



They are a little different, and some of their songs sound like they have come straight from Game of Thrones or Black Sails, but they are great song writers and it'll be a great way to start a good weekend of music at Glastonbury.
I remembered seeing Neil Young on TV back in 2009 when they BBC covered Glastonbury. I didn't think much of it at the time being a young narrow minded teenager, but I thought I'd stick on his set and listen to it whilst I did some work. Not knowing much about Young, other than his move to with Crosby, Stills and Nash, to make Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, I thought it would be a good way to get into some new/old music. It really paid off, I think I've come away a fan, just there is no chance of me seeing him live anytime soon. Damn! But making a three minute song last over 11 minutes is a task in its self. Here is another link to his final song at Glastonbury, so many choruses.

I think as soon as I get in tonight, I'll have quick hour on Grand Theft Auto, which could very easily turn to two. Then I need to practice my moves for the shoot on Saturday...wow I wish you could have seen my face cringe when I wrote that.

No comments:

Post a Comment