Wednesday 14 May 2014

Day 185 - When will it end?

I know that is a bit of a depressing start to a blog in regards to the title, but it isn't as bad as it sounds. In all fairness I couldn't think of a decent title.

Well, of course it has been another really busy day, but I've found a bit of time to post before leaving work. Pretty sure I've walked the entire campus about five times today, guess it is doing me some good though. It is a beautiful day outside, but I'm sure it won't last long, I've hear more rain is coming. Hopefully won't stop us from shooting this Saturday.

The video shoot is this Saturday, it was all confirmed this morning (better late than never, I guess) and we've got a great location. I'm not going to spoil it and say anything, but I'm really happy with it, and so is everyone else. Really looking forward to it.

It's six weeks to this day until Glastonbury, and I am one excited human. Even though Gong have pulled out today, which is gutting because I did really want to go see them. But I've spend a bit of today looking into some more acts that are playing Glastonbury. Lau was a name that stood out for me, I'm not entirely sure why, but it did. They are a kind of folk band. I checked out a few YouTube videos and they are weird in a good way, I think I'll be checking them out if they don't clash with anyone important.
I did find a really rough clashfinder the other day, and it looks like Jack White and Haim are going to clash which I am gutted about, but I think I am having to have to pick Jack White with this one. I have much more chance of seeing Haim somewhere else. Plus Jack is right before Metallica and just after Robert Plant, so we can get a really good spot near the main stage for them. The tent arrived this morning, which is the final piece of the Glastonbury puzzle, we just need to work out how we are going to put it up. We're thinking of having a test run in the field near our house, I think we can get one good run then we're all set. We also came up with a little plan for the Wednesday. Because my birthday is on the Sunday, we can't really do much as a group what with it being a Sunday and it being so close to Glastonbury, So we're going to go extra crazy on the Wednesday and have that as my "night out" if you like. Which is pretty awesome, having a night out at a festival for your birthday, I may be a different man/boy when it's over.

The thought hit me today that I won't be able to blog whilst I am there, so I'll be passing you all over to my glamorous assistant Terri. I probably will be able to get online whilst I am there, but I don't really fancy spending time looking at my phone whilst I am there. I'd much rather get into the swing of things and enjoy my weekend. Anyway, she is a much better blogger than me and I'm sure she'll write some great posts whilst I am away, but until then you are stick with me for many, many more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment