Friday 9 May 2014

Day 180 - The line up is out!

So what do you know? The rumors were true. The full line up got released last night and it only got my more excited for June. Metallica got the Saturday night slot everyone had guessed along with a few other surprise names added to the line up. A few personal favourites that I'll certainly be seeing over the weekend are HAIM, Kaiser Chiefs and Temples. Along with all the other previous names.

After the line up we all sat down and had a chat about the line up and tried to come up with a plan for clashes and such. We ended up listening to the new Black Keys record which is unreal! We did it in one sitting and every song is fantastic. Although a few songs seemed a little misplaces on the record, it is still a good example of a band changing it up a little and it paying off. They are very use to the blues/garage rock style, and they've gone a lot more psychedelic with this album, I'm sure it'll go down very well at Glastonbury. I for one am very excited to be finally seeing them live after a few years of listening to them. Here is a link to a stream, I've been listening to it all day.

For some unknown reason I found it painfully hard to wake up this morning, I think the student inside me is starting to reappear ready for September haha. Not to worry, I battled on through Friday knowing I don't have to be up early at all tomorrow, but I am up early on Sunday which is a bit of a bummer, but it is our last practice before the video shoot next weekend, where again I'm sure we'll be up early for the weekend shooting in Manchester. Looking forward to it though very much.

Terri jumped back on the blogging game in the last few days, not that I have much of an audience myself, if you're into make-up, McFly and other things lady like then you can check out her blog here

Well I think that's a wrap from me. It's time for the long joruney back , but I have The Black Keys to keep me company and I'm sure they'll do a wonderful job at that.

Have a good weekend and sleep loads for me.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment