Sunday 29 June 2014

Day 231 - Eden Camp/Late 'featured beard'

Today, I re-lived some of my favourite childhood memories and visited Eden Camp in Malton. Eden Camp is a former Prisoner of War camp which was turned into a World War 2 themed museum many years after the war ended. It is such a fun and interesting day out and really tells the tale of World War 2 in a unique way.

There are models of planes/bombs and tanks and reconstructions of scenes from the Blitz, the Blackout and other events and occasions during World War Two. As a child, I visited Eden Camp numerous times, and on one occasion with school, even had to dress up as an evacuee, complete with gas mask box! So this trip was very nostalgic for me.

I haven't heard from Jud today but I've chosen to adapt one of his usual blog features in my own way. Every Friday, Jud does a 'featured beard', and I'm aware that today isn't a Friday but I've chosen to display a few fine beards that I found at Eden Camp today. I don't know who any of these people are but I'm sure they're incredibly important, intelligent and unique human beings and their facial hair deserves its own recognition.

So, without further a do, have some mighty fine beards and tashes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment