Thursday 26 June 2014

Day 228 - Jud got drunk/Packing begins

Had a few texts from Jud this morning which was nice, because truth be told, even though we only see each other about twice a week, we text or speak to each other every day and I'm actually missing him a fair bit, but Ssssh, I'm not soppy!

Apparently him and his friends had a great day yesterday taking in the crazy sights of Glastonbury from the big hill on which you can see the whole site. Caught a few rays, had a fair bit to drink and even went to a silent disco. It sounds epic, I'm very jealous.

When we spoke this morning, he was suffering a little by the sounds of things, so he must've drank a good amount because he hardly ever gets hangovers. But hey, that's festivals for you. His box of Krave cereal should keep him going a bit!

Apparently there's a 'special guest' performing early tomorrow and they want to catch whoever it is, because festival organisers have a habit of sticking someone quite unexpected under slots simply labelled 'special guest' to keep crowds down a bit. For example at Leeds fest one year we caught a 'special guest' which turned out to be, Them Crooked Vultures, - a supergroup consisting of Josh Homme, Dave Grohl and John Paul Jones - so, as you can see, its well worth checking out these so called 'special guests'.

As for me, I got up pretty early after an early night, did some washing and ironing and started a bit of packing. This was for two reasons. The first being that I'm heading to Scarborough tomorrow for a weekend at the seaside and the second being that I'm moving out in about 3 weeks time. I won't dwell too much on the latter because it makes me sad. But I'm really looking forward to this weekend.

Just a shift at work to get out of the way first, and that's where I'm headed now. Bore-fest.
Will do my best to blog tomorrow but its quite a busy day for me so we shall see, it might have to be a first thing in the morning blog whilst I'm on the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment