Monday 16 June 2014

Day 218 - I love new music

Been a pretty pleasant day to say I didn't get much sleep, it's Monday, and it's dragging so much.

Yeah for some reason last night, even though I was totally knackered I didn't get a good nights sleep. I managed to get up in good time again though, it is actually starting to get a lot easier. I might even try to push it a little earlier. Not much point though seen as though I have 3 days left before I leave for Glastonbury. Yay!

Even though I'm a little tired and the day is dragging I've found some new music which has kept me going through out the day. I got told that Lana Del Rey's new album is out today, and seen as though I'll be seeing her in a few days time I thought I'd check it out. I have to say, it isn't normally the kind of thing I listen to whilst at work, but I really really liked her new album. It's called Ultraviolence (2014). If you've not heard it, go listen! I'm having my third run through now, and a few key tracks that jump out have to be the introducing track to the album - "Cruel World". Perfect opener. Then we move onto "Shades of Cool" which is a total bond theme, and could well end with her doing the theme to the next Bond movie, which I would not complain about. Straight after that we have "Brooklyn Baby" and "West Coast" which again are two great songs back to back. "West Coast" has a very strange feel to it, what with the chorus slowing down to the rest of the song which you don't often find, but she has managed to pull it off really well. You can tell Dan Auerbach (The Black Keys) had something to do with it, a few guitar solos are just him all over in a few songs, which is no complaint, he is a true guitar player. But yeah, 10/10 album.

It has been a pleasant day at work, which has kept me in a good mood for the entire day. Well, touch wood it stays that way for the rest of the week. Can't be having a bad week at work before Glastonbury can I? I guess it would take a lot to put me in a bad mood just before that. But that'll be the bad moods will be in full swing once that it's over. Haha nah I'm kidding, I'll be in Huddersfield then, so I don't have to get no trains, I can actually walk home and it doesn't cost me anything, what an amazing feeling!

I'm thinking of keeping up the metal theme for the beards for a few weeks. The metal scene is packed with beautiful beards that are asking to be reviewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment