Tuesday 10 June 2014

Day 212 - Maybe I could get use to this...?

It's been another great day. Up before my alarm, in a good mood. Lots of friendly and grateful people. Maybe I could actually see myself doing this in a few years time?

Second day in a row that I managed to get up and out the house earlier than I normally do. No rushing for the train, no jumping out of bed at the last minute. Have I finally got use to the world of work? Hmmm. I'd love to tell you that I'm all set for final year and I'm going to knuckle down and make sure I have a job before I leave, I really would love to tell you that. But it won't happen. I know after a few major nights out I'll be back to being the fun student I once was, not the boring IT guy that only sometimes goes out on weekends. I was though, thinking about what I want to do once I do finish my course, and I've made the decision to start saving money right now for this...

I really want to travel. No idea where, I just want to get some money together, book a flight somewhere, preferable with Terri and some friends and just go! And when I mean go, I mean like have no hotel sorted, nothing but the flight and just see as much as I possibly can. I think the easiest option would be around Europe, even though it is so close to home there are some amazing sights to be seen, and experiences to be had. I wanna hitchhike at least once on the journey as well. That is if nobody I go with can drive or we can't afford to hire a car. I think I'd start with a classic and go to the Netherlands. So cheap to get over there, and I'd save some money on flights and what not, by getting a ferry. Then I'd move onto Germany, went there as a kid, and even though I probably didn't enjoy it as much, what with being a kid and everything, I think I'd enjoy it a lot more at my age. The rest will have to be planned later, but it is something I am seriously considering. No better way to broaden the mind, and I bet we'd have some crazy stories to tell when we're all done. You never know, might even take some instruments with us and get some gigs sorted in some strange places. I think I would die happy knowing that I've completed a full tour in different countries, definite life goal of mine.

Well I'm not in the mood to work anymore, I just want to watch some travelling shows and plan what I want to see. I think I'll crack on Long Way Round when I get in and have some food to that. If you've not watched any of them before, they're a great watch. Plus Ewan Mcgregors beard...magical stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment