Thursday 5 June 2014

Day 207 - Slowwwwwww daaaaaaaaaay

It has been a really busy day yet again, but instead of loads of work making it my day go quicker, it decides to slow down. Nooooooo.

Was at Terri's last night, after some epic food she made, so I had a little extra time to spare in the morning for some well deserved sleep. I guess that gets me some good practice for next year when I leave so close to work. It is actually so nice to know that all that is sorted for next year and I can fully focus on work and other things right now. Glastonbury is all sorted, all I'm doing now is waiting for the day to come when I have a week off, and I travel on over to Manchester and waiting for my longest coach ride to date.

As soon as I get into work I have two meetings in the morning. Early morning meetings really are the worst, it's not until about 11/12 until I am actually fully awake to start the day. I honestly thought after a month of two of working I'd be a full on morning person, but it didn't work. I'm still a grump when I comes to waking up early. Unless I'm getting up early for something different, I imagine that's what it will be like when I have to get up at 3AM for the coach in a few weeks. I am a little bit excited about it though. Even though I had a tonne of work I've been powering through my day still ended up being really slow. Usually my days go fast anyway, but today of all days it does the slowest. Honestly feel like I've been sat at this desk for hours, oh wait I have. I don't know how people like me can do unpaid placements, it would totally kill me. If I wasn't getting paid for my work I honestly don't know what I would do.

Apparently Big Brother is starting again tonight? Literally found this out about 10 seconds a go, I think it is time to rant...They have a "big twist" for the launch night. It seems like every year I find social media sites hyping up the launch night of a reality show like Big Brother and it always end up the exact same. They have a "twist" on the first night and then it always turns into a group of morons in a house who find a way to piss each other off. Of course they find a group of people who are going to clash, because that's how reality TV works. It wouldn't be good TV if they all got along and had fun, why do people enjoy watching other people clash so much? I have to admit, when Big Brother first started, I actually enjoyed watching it. But now it just seems really fake and overly edited. Charlie Brooker made a really good video about how editing can change how we see things on TV. Obviously it is a little tongue in cheek the way he has done it, but you get the idea.


It really does show, how shows like Big Brother can change how people look and react to certain things. It is almost as if they fix who is going to win, and of course they charge big prices for the general public to be able to vote. Every week they could make a "bad guy" or a "bad girl" and they could cash in so much. I guess they do it on the sly to not make it seem obvious, but that is generally what puts me off shows like this and X-Factor. But don't get me wrong, the whole idea of Big Brother is totally different, even though it is based on the George Orwell novel - Nineteen Eighty-Four. Reminds me, I might have to buy that book and give it a read sometime.

Speaking of books, I really want to read Charles Darwin's book "On The Origin of Species". It is probably really dense for a book noob like me, but I'd like to give it a try at least. A book I'm reading right now, which is nothing like the two previous books I've mentioned is Johnny Cash, the Story of Johnny Cash. When I first got into guitar-based music for some reason Cash never came up. I've only really recently got into him and his music. It is nice to know about a wide variety of stories from different eras and people, so many people from history, whether that be music or any other vocation have some great stories to tell.

Well, tomorrow is beard day, so here are some clues:


  • Bitch.


No comments:

Post a Comment