Monday 2 June 2014

Day 204 - Monday. A GOOD Monday...

Yeah that's right. I got up, went to work, and had a great day. (I guess having no work could have made this day even better, but I'm a big boy this year and I have to get up and do stuff like that. Boo.)

Got up before my alarm which is super rare, got myself a nice early shower and I was ready before I knew it. Even though I could go in a little later today. I had a little surf on the old World Wide Web, but that was short lived because like always, it was packed full of Game of Thrones spoilers. I have to go a full 24 hours before the air date til I can actually watch it, which means a full day of gentle internet use. Which I'm not a fan of at all.

Work was pretty normal, plenty of work to be getting on with, with no thanks for anything. No change.

But, and this is a big but. The house if now totally ready for us, all forms are out the way, we're just waiting for a pre-inspection of the house and then we're good to go after Glastonbury. I really like the idea of a pre-inspection, so we get to check out the house before hand and someone official gets to see any previous damage. So if we're good boys next year we should be all good for when we leave, but that's a whole year from now. We're a little worried about our current house and the state of the garden, but we've not been told to maintain the garden, so we're not going to. Might have to have another read of the contract just in case. Estate agents are slippery people. But all being well, we should be all good for leaving very soon. I will actually be moving out fully in a few weeks. Making the travel from Wakefield to Huddersfield for a week or so is not going to be pleasant at all. But soon I'll have two full months of living very close to my work place, hooray! On top of that, I got an email about my Student Finance saying that it has all gone through for next year, which is great news. A lot has changed family-wise so I was a little worried about it, but it went fine and it's all sorted which is another step towards final year. Scary times.


The train ride is was a lot of fun. I've never been a big fan of The Mars Volta, but my house mate showed me an album which was Frances the Mute (2005). The 4th song on that album just blew my mind completely, the name alone is enough to make my want to listen to it. "Miranda that ghost just isn't holy anymore". I've posted the video to it, in its entire 24 minute epicness. It really is a beautifully made piece of music. It is classes as one song, but is split up into around 5 different movements. If you're into you're crazy timings and mental guitar solos then this will be right up your street.

This weekend in general has just been such a great weekend again. We managed to get the tent up in a really good time. To say it was our first time doing it really it put us in all good for the rest of the day. Soon as that was out the way, we cooked loads of food and had a few beers. Which was really nice.

I best get thinking of a beard for the end of the week. I might skip the diary entry and 

No comments:

Post a Comment