Thursday 27 March 2014

Day 137 - Busy. Panic. Busy. | Day 57 - Beard test

I thought it was going to be another normal day in the office. It was all morning, I sat her typing away and thinking about when it's about to turn to 12 o clock so I don't feel bad about eating something haha. So it gets to the afternoon and I check my old university email account and see an email from my tutor, in which he is reminding us about the deadline that has been moved from the end of the course to the end of April. Which is just one month away. So now I have to try and sort out an entire evaluation report about my time working here in just over a month. 6,000 words. On a placement that I haven't even finished yet. I think it's mainly to do with the fact that I started my placement a little late than most people, most people start in Summer but I started in September. Which in a way is good because then I can work right up until I start my final year later this year and not be poor throughout Summer. But I think it might be more to do with the Placement Unit here being the most unorganised people in the history of human beings being able to organise. Plus on top of that my personal tutor is extremely old fashioned when it comes to marking work and personal meetings. He is a big fan of paper graphs and telling me I might be stressing because some line on a chart says so, but chances are I'm just a little fed of being treated like a child. But hey ho, I'll crack on with this assignment and then see what he has to say. No doubt he'll pull out his little graphs and tell me all sorts of "important" information I need to know about finishing off my placement year.

No idea where that came from haha. As I'm sure you're aware I am a big fan of Shay Carl and his vlogs. I started watching back in my college days and was surprised to find out he was still going strong after stopping watching for a while. He hit 5 years of daily vlogs last month and is now selling his production company he started up a few years back to none other than Disney! Pretty big news for a guy that started out vlogging his family in Idaho. But he said something on his latest vlog which really got me thinking. Shay selling his company is going to change his family life forever, but he then went on to say that it will probably change his entire family tree which is a very deep thought, and very true. But it's not just money that can change a family tree, just the little things in life can really have a huge impact on later life. I really made me appreciate the little things, little moments you might have during the day which could change everything in the long run. One different move during my day could change my childrens childrens lifes massively in many many years to come. Reminds me of the film Cloud Atlas, great film about how a little thing in time could change something in the future all together. If you've not seen it and a got some time to spare to properly watch a film then go watch it. It also has a fantastic soundtrack.

For the first time today I think I did non-stop work, which is different for me. I usually do an hour blast of work and then give myself 5 minutes, but what with all this work I've been having to work non-stop, which is great really. It is want I wanted from this placement all along. I almost forgot to blog again, was just getting my coat on when I remembered that I'd forgot. Even though last night I set up all my posts for the next 10 days.

Playing on making some Epic Meal Time style food this weekend. We're getting 2 pizzas and just covering it in cheese and cooking it and we're just going to eat it like a cake and destroy it. Tempted to even tweet it to Harley to see what he thinks. But no doubt he'll be making something 10 times the size of that and then laugh at my tiny little beard haha.

I think I'll call that a day. I'll brave the train stations of the UK and meet some of the rudest people in the world. A man actually pushed me out of the way to get on a train last night, how nice of him.





_____________________________________________________________________


Getting close to the finish. Still no beard in sight.



No comments:

Post a Comment