Wednesday 19 March 2014

Day 129 - It's midweek, we're almost there | Day 49 - Beard test

The rains packed up and the sun is out again in Huddersfield. Had to stop myself from going over to the shop to buy more food just the sake of going outside, I just managed it. Actually looking forward to travel home, might even brave it and not put a coat on, badass I know! Least I'm not one of them guys when the first sign of sun they whip their tops off and walk around town all day. Even if I wanted to I'm sure people would just laugh at me.

Midweek, feels like it should be Friday, it should be Friday! Friday is awesome. Especially around 5PM Friday, I think that's my official favorite time of the week. I think my nan this weekend is the doing the classic nan move and bringing up a ton of food, which I certainly will never complain about. When I lived back down in Burton there was this little bakery, well I say bakery technically it's a confectioners, but they baked good bread and my nan always brings up a bucket load of the stuff which is always cool.

Not sure why but I've been listening to a lot of City & Colour recently, and it hit me on the train that I've only very cherry picked songs by them rather than listening to an album. So tomorrow I'm going to listen to Little Hell. No idea why I picked that album, just thought I'd give it a go. So I'll do a "mini review" if you like of what I thought of the entire album. Today on the train I listened to Are You Experienced, by The Jimi Hendrix Experience. An amazing album with some classic songs like Purple Haze and Hey Joe (a personal favorite). Hey Joe has some real dark lyrics to it, and I only just found out today that it is actually a cover of The Leaves. The song is about a man who is on the run to the Mexican Border after shooting his wife, I know a lovely story, but the song is actually brilliant. Siding away from the album my all time favorite Jimi Hendrix Experence song is actually Little Wing from Bold As Love, either that or Voodoo Child purely for the intro haha.

Had a little catch up meeting this afternoon with my boss being away on holiday. I thought she might be in a bad mood what with being back at work but it was actually a really nice meeting. Literally just got told I was doing a good job on my own is so ridiculously motivating, it just makes me want to push on and do more and more. I don't want to burn myself out with the work I've currently got because that already is a big task in itself, but maybe after this I could do more.

Righto, well that is my time at work over for today. It's time to crack on some Jimi Hendrix nice and loud for the train journey home. The week gets much easier starting from...NOW.




________________________________________________________________________________

The pictures really are not giving it much justice but I do think it is growing still. Still need a new method soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment