Tuesday 18 March 2014

Day 128 - Surprise presentation | Day 48 - Beard test

Today weather wise has been a pretty crappy day compared to the last few days, but I'm sat in a warm office, and it is pretty funny watching people get wet whilst you're dry and warm haha. All round though it has been a pretty good day at work, even if I did get a presentation sprung on me last minute an hour ago.

This campaign I have been given to market wanted a short presentation today which I had no idea about until an hour ago. I came up with loads of ideas a few weeks ago but now I had to present them to the two people who run the green side of the university. I managed to "wing it" slightly, they both really liked the ideas we came up with and they are more than happy to go a head with the ideas we put forward. So it looks like the ball will start rolling within the next few days and I think I am going to have a hell of a lot of work on my hands in the coming months. That does mean, hopefully, that the final months of my placement will be over fast and I can start living the life of the lazy student I use to be, well more lazy than I am now haha. I've been given a bit of a budget to sort out some posters and logo designs which is nice, I've not been given much responsibility up until now.

Just been told that a vinyl I ordered has finally arrived, really excited to finally get to listen to it on a vinyl player. The record I bought was Hawkwind - In Search of Space. It's a little wacky in places but I think it would be a great album to just stick on and chill to. Probably won't get to listen to it for a while though still, it isn't really a after work record. I think you really have to have been sitting down a for a good few hours and be in the mood for it. I won't get chance to play it this weekend either because I'll be on my way home.

I have my grandparents coming up from our hometown to see us which is going to be cool. Also bringing up my troublesome cousin which means that the weekend will be packed with playing offices, schools and what ever else she can think of. As much I might sound annoyed I actually really like having her up, gives me an excuse to act like a child and get away with it. We made mud pies last time she was up and it was great fun haha.

It's only Tuesday?! I was hoping it was closer to the weekend, really hope the rest of the week is kind to me like Monday and Tuesday have surprisingly been.



_______________________________________________________________________________

Same old shitty beard, still haha. Still not thought of any other methods, I'll have to do some research this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment