Wednesday 26 March 2014

Day 136 - Look! I didn't forgot. | Day 56 - Beard test

Here I am, blogging before I leave work like I should have been doing for the past 2 days haha. I have a pretty good excuse for not doing it at work though, it has been a crazy few days what with this new project and getting settled with it. The ball is officially rolling though now and we should have some logos and a society set up very soon. Still can't decide if I want to join it or not myself, what with setting it up and coming up with the ideas I feel like I should do, but then if I get involved with every project I get given I'll have so much more work to do. So I'll just see how these next few weeks plan out. It is really nice having some of my own responsibilities again rather than just being given little tasks now and then. I still get the odd phone call asking for advice but I can deal with that along side this work I have now.

Totally forgot that I was going to see Devvo next week. A friend of mine popped up on Facebook and mentioned that he'd seen something about Devvo doing a comedy set in Leeds. We went to college together and use to spend hours on end watching Devvo videos that we use to watch back in High School, so it should be a good laugh next week getting to actually see him. Still makes me laugh that so many people think he isn't a character and there is this actual chav roaming the streets of Doncaster selling bus tickets, well...maybe there are a few haha.

I think I've finally started to get use to getting up early on a morning. I always find myself wide awake before my alarm goes off on a morning, and I've actually been managing to get up before I have to leave without any rush or worrying of missing my train. Only taken me 6 months haha. Even on weekends or if I've had a really bad nights sleep I get up early, but I'm sure once I'm in the final year of being a student again I'll be back to sleeping in to some ridiculously time. Putting the money down for our house for next year tonight, got me excited about all the things I've missed about Huddersfield.
Firstly, my all time favorite bar, the bar where my band started out, the bar that has many a drunken story. Parish. I have a feeling we'll be spending an uncalled for amount of time in Parish next year. Of course just up the road from Parish is Camel, even though it is a bit of a dive at times, and most of the time the music is terrible, we have had some laughs in there in the past. But that doesn't count Fridays. Friday night is Bedlam, which has incredible music and some of the nicest people go on that night. That is one of the only nights I really enjoy going to Camel, and you don't even have to be stupidly drunk to enjoy it. Me and Jonny went one night and must have spent less than a tenner with no pre-drinks and had probably one of the best nights we've ever had, purely because of the great music and people. In between them two beautiful places is a little place called Burger Time. It only open a few months before we left Huddersfield but we went/ordered from there at least one a week or something stupid like that haha. I'm sure the first day we move into our new house we'll visit all three of them places haha, and then the next day, and the next, and the probably the next and if I'm truly honest many, many, many more days after that.
Leeds has been a lot of fun, and I don't regret moving there for a year, it is really nice to have a change and have something different on a night out, but it will be really nice not having to get up really early to get to work and not having to get two trains to get there. I'll be able to walk to and from work which will be great in the last few months of my placement year. Yup, bring on July so I can get back to Huddersfield (never thought I'd say that).






_______________________________________________________________________________




Hmm, I think the pills have worked a little. Been trying to stop myself from comparing the first photo I took to this one, but I think I'll wait it out until the final day, which is very close. (This Sunday, I think).





No comments:

Post a Comment