Friday 17 January 2014

Day 68 - Weekend! Film time.

Going to do this blog post nice and early so I can enjoy my lovely Friday night. Booked tickets to see The Wolf of Wall Street, heard good things about it so hopefully we'll have a good time. Even paid a little extra so we can have the posh seats at the cinema, win! Not normally a film I would see at the cinema, I'd normally wait for it to come out on DVD or whatever and watch it then, but I've become a big fan of Leonardo DiCaprio over the coming months. I remember watching Shutter Island for the first time and just being blown away, and it just got better with Inception and Django Unchained. The Great Gatsby is a great film as well, I even read the book before watching it too.

I understand that I'm on a placement year in University now but I really can't stand being treated like a glorified tea-boy, I just seem to be doing odd jobs for everyone else in this office sometimes. I want to get given a project or something that I can work on for a while instead of just sitting here typing and stapling. It isn't fun at all. Like today I had to staple a flyer to everyones paycheck on campus, that's like 1,800 paychecks to staple and it killed me back from sitting up and doing them all. I didn't apply for this job to be taken advantage of, the whole point of it is to help me learn and experience the world of work, and if this is what it's like then I'm clearly not ready and will not be ready for a long time.

Anyway, I'm going to get this day out of the way and enjoy my weekend. I plan on seeing a great film, spending some time with some great people playing some great games on xbox and drinking some great beer. What more could I possibly need?!

Have a good weekend everyone 

No comments:

Post a Comment