Wednesday 1 January 2014

Day 52 - Happy New year, back to reality

It's now officially 2014, guessing everyone has been "hitting" the gym and really looking forward to going back to work. Because I sure am...

Well I thought I'd share with you some of my resolutions for the year. I think to many peoples resolutions are to change themselves, and not advance themselves as people. Yeah you can stay healthy, and go to the gym but don't do it for other people.

The first one that came to mind is a little different to everyone else's I'd imagine but I want to protect my ears more, I play and go to gigs, record in a studio and have my headphones on full blast all the and it really is not good for me, so I'm going to start protecting them more because. Think I'm going to buy a nice expensive pair of ear buds for gigs. I know it seems weird me wearing ear plugs at gigs, but you can still hear everything at a gig with ear plugs in but you don't get the harsh noises hitting your ear drums full on. So there is number 1.

Secondly I want to practise guitar more, at least 7 hours a week, just an hour a day after work, working on scales mainly, I don't want to slip away from my instrument like so many other people have. I hopefully one day want to make my living from something I love doing, so the only way I can do that is to practise practise practise.

My third and last is to keep on doing what I did last year and stay confident in myself and not shy away from anything. One thing I noticed last year after loads of placement interviews I started to open up more and more. Now I actually have a placement and have to go to meetings everyday with different people and speak my opinion or help people out it has helped me massively as a person, so I really want to keep up that mentality.

There you have it!

I hope everyone else has a great Christmas and had a great New Year. I have a feeling it is going to be a good year, and I hope everyone else the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment