Monday 6 January 2014

Day 57 - Christmas is over

Even though I was back at work a while ago more people will have been back to work today being the first Monday of the year, I could really tell as well. The train was packed this morning on my way to work and everyone was silent and looking even more tired than before. I really thought after a nice long break I'd be back and ready to get back at it but I'm really not. I'm probably just in this frame of mind because it's a Monday, and I guess it only gets better as the week draws in.

Last night I got a stupid amount of sleep and I still woke up tired, and I think after the many months of going out every weekend it'll be a long time until I actually get my sleeping pattern properly sorted, but no doubt we'll end up going out and it'll mess it all up again. Usually when I go home it sorts it right out, but what with all the travelling to see family and going out with friends I didn't do myself much good, but this month of staying in should hopefully sort me out.

It is getting seriously busy at work now what with the new building opening next week, I need to do a lot of work with the University site to get all that up to date. Working in the most unorganised place in the world doesn't help, especially when nobody communicates between departments, so things either don't get done at all, or something gets done twice and two departments literally have to go to war to get that one thing done.

That's enough about work, I wish I could tell you some awesome stories about being at home but I have none right now. During the week especially, it is literally: get up, go to work, come home, food and then bed ready to do it all again. I always said I didn't want a lifestyle and job were it would be the same thing day in and day out. But I guess I have to start somewhere, I'm still young and I'm sure lots more opportunities will show up over time.

I don't think I've ever wrote in my blog about what I eventually would love to do, but ultimately I want to perform music and make a living out of it. It's a big dream and it will take a lot of work. But that hard work and commitment will pay off for me. Of course it is one of the hardest industries to get into. I think with the right attitude I can hopefully make it, I like to think of myself as always looking on the bright side of life and not dwelling on any past events, or letting someones negative comment get me down. I admit I have times I think "why am I doing this?". We're all human and we all think like that, but I think with the right mind you can achieve anything you want.

I'll keep on saying that to myself anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment