Wednesday 30 April 2014

Day 171 - Weekend please | Featured Beard - Reggie Watts

Now I know everyone says you shouldn't wish away your week and look forward to the weekend, but I can't handle it anymore. Early mornings and working days are very overrated. Don't get me wrong, the money is great, but I'd much rather hate my entire week and then have a big blow out on the weekend, instead of pretending to enjoy my week. So if this weekend could actually hurry up, that would be great.

We have a pretty monstrous plan for the weekend. Friday, me and Jonny are buying pie and punch. That's a steak pie for tea and a cherry pie for after, with punch in between. Then we start drinking properly, I'll love to say I'm going all out and buying some nice pre-drinks but I'm not, I'm sticking to the Hock. Then we want to head out pretty earlier than normal and we're heading to a bar which had table tennis tables. I know this could be interesting. After that we're heading to the old classic Drydock for a few before "finishing off" in Fuel. That is when Andy will have finally arrived from London and he can join the party. Now when I say finish off in Fuel, their is a high chance we will go to a late bar after that, we've never made it until the end of the Escobar, but I think this Friday will be different and we'll be partying until the very early hours. Most probably finish off some drinks back at our house as well. The comes the insane hangover on Saturday. We need to plan what takeaway we're ordering from and what film we're putting on. Then hopefully when the hangover has run its course, we have band practice on the Sunday and Monday. one hell of a fun weekend!


--------------------------------------BEARD TIME----------------------------------------


Reggie Watts at PopTech 2011 (a).jpg
Pretty sure you can tell that I spend a lot of time on YouTube. It's a great website, full of great videos, but that's another story. I recently got into TEDTalks, and found a comedian doing a talk. But it isn't your normal TEDtalk show. This guy purely uses his voice to entertain, by using different effects and singing styles. On top of that he can speak in many different languages and is a very clever guy. This is Reggie Watts.



Not my usual beard choice, but I watched a few more of his videos today and thought "why the hell not?". Again he is going for the full beard look with the attached Afro which sits perfect with his beard. Of course with hair and a lovely beard like that you are not going to go unnoticed. Especially after you see his performance, just check out the link below to see what crazy stuff he can do purely with his voice. He is a fantastic singer, clearly a smart guy, and great songwriter and can captivate an entire audience with his performance.

I guess this feature isn't about the beard as such, as manly as it is, but more about the talent of Reggie himself. Both amazing feats in my opinion.

Tomorrow I'm going to do another one, it is a bit of a jokey kind of a one. Here is a few clues: Character from an sitcom, set in the UK. He is also obsessed with stories "during the war".

No comments:

Post a Comment