Wednesday 2 April 2014

Day 143 - No beard picture

This is officially my first proper blog post without me taking a picture of my beard, and this weekend I am going to take it upon myself to shave it off, or maybe trim it heavily. Just looking at it now, I'm sure it just looks weird to other people and I've just got use to it looking so weird haha. Also want to try and properly cut my hair this weekend as well, seen as though I'm not going out yet again I need something to do to keep me busy, and that should keep me busy for a least an hour haha. Along with that this weekend I've been watching Game of Thrones like a mad man before the new season starts on Monday, hopefully I won't get fed up of watching it by then. Getting to the end of season 2 and hoping to finish off season 3 entirely this weekend, it's going to be tough, I'm going to need a lot of food, but I think I have the will power to sit in comfy clothes, eat loads and watch a good TV show for a long time. I see this as training for when I officially become a student again in September, I'm starting slowly with lazy weekends and then eventually we'll get to lazy week days again.

Got a little annoyed at the train station the other day. Every month I have to pay £80 for a train pass, it has to be done or I can't get to work. But paying that amount of money each month must mean I get respect from the train staff. It is stupidly fiddly to get my pass out to put through the barriers and they always have a member of staff at an open gate where you can flash your pass and they'll let you through. It stops me from stopping other people from using the barriers, and it makes the queue go faster, but no. I get talked down to like a child and get told to take it out of my wallet and put it through the machine. The guy even talked me through what I have to do, like I don't do it twice a day everyday. But what really makes me mad is that it goes up in price all the time and I see more and more staff members on trains and in stations who just stand there doing nothing. I understand they need a driver and a conductor on a train, but I saw two conductors on a train the other day, why would they possibly need two?! Seems like a total waste of money to me. Or maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about and I don't see were that extra money I pay actually goes. But I'm not seeing it, trains are always delayed, admittedly through no fault of the train companies. I like how Japan do it, every train leaves and arrives exactly on time, and if a train is delayed then all passengers get their money back, that is a train company really working at its hardest, it seems like we just let trains run and hope for the best here. Its the same with buses but I think I'll stop going on about it now haha.

It's going to be at least another month until I actually go out again, which is kind of a depressing fact but it has to happen or I'll end up in serious trouble. What with paying over the odds for a train pass I have to pay off Glastonbury, so it is going to be a very slow and boring month of doing nothing. Then when that is over we've planned a total blow out night out at the beginning of May. Got some friends coming up and we're going crazy all over Leeds. Going to go to all our usual favorites. Starting the night in Drydock and taking full advantage of that jukebox by sticking Seal - Kiss from a Rose on as much as we can, probably try and slip in Huey Lewis and the News - The Power of Love on their as well. We noticed that the bartender there really likes that song as well, and he has an epic beard. Then I think we'll make our way to Fuel, I don't think we've ever not enjoyed a night out when we go to Fuel, it closes at 3AM which is a little early for most places but we know that most people head off to Escobar just down the road after which stays open til some stupid time in the morning. We'll no doubt stay till it closes and end the night at our house and carry on until we stop. We've not had a night out like that in so long, and I think we all deserve it for being such good boys for so long. Plus it counts towards training to being a student again. I think when we're in Huddersfield we'll definitely visit Leeds a few times for old times sake. It is such a good night out in Leeds, I recommend it to everyone. Just only live there if you can properly afford it, it is a very expensive city. Especially when it gets to after hours. I remember getting a few drinks in for me and some mates and it came to some stupid price and I actually nearly said "forget it". But then I thought of the great idea of unloading a stupid amount of change on them, PAYBACK. Which isn't really payback because then I had £0 on me the next day and I normally like to get a takeaway with all my change the next morning. A takeaway is always needed after a night out, it is our law. And probably any students law really.

No comments:

Post a Comment