Thursday 26 December 2013

Day 46 - So much family time

Boxing Day, just as good as Christmas Day itself in my opinion. Places are open, plenty of food still left over and everyone is still in a good mood, sometimes haha.

So yesterday we got up early, cracked the log fire on and sat and opened our presents. You know you're getting old when you don't have a big pile anymore, but I'm not complaining, it was good to be all sat together enjoying ourselves. Then we moved on to preparing the food, we had our food pretty early because the plan was to have food then get the entire family together to do it all again later on. So I had 1 giant pile of food and chilled out for a few hours. I don't know why but crap films seem so much better when you've just had a giant plate of food and your sat infront of a fire with your family.

After a few hours of a food coma we had to get ready to do it all again, we packed up the car with leftovers and made our way to meet everyone else. We ended up having a buffet, which was a beauty. We then went into play some cards for ages, but again it was great to do it all as a family.

It was a crazy busy day but I wouldn't have it any other way, it's been great this year and I hope every other year after is the same!

Back home tomorrow to Wakefield, but New Year is just around the corner. I'll either be spending it with family or friends, either way I'll be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment