Friday 20 December 2013

Day 40 - I'M HOME

Well it has certainly been the busiest day I have had in a very long time, which consisted of phone calls, running after people, going on trains from pillar to post and then the finish line was the train home!
So I get into the office and I have to complete a giant order by 2pm or I'll get shouted out, only just managed it. I then was able to leave early so I could get home, or so I thought. I get on the train just about to pull into my hometown of Wakefield when my phone rings and they want me to go back in! So I end up going all the way back in to sort a 2 minute problem, which then started the awful mood. Because I had to wait for another hour to get the next train home, but I made it, Finally got home super late but all that matters it that I am home for Christmas, at last! It's been a long few days but it has finally happened.

So this weekend is going to be a quiet one mainly, I'll have to pop back to Leeds on Saturday to pick up a final few things then on Monday I'll be going back down to my place of born Burton-upon-Trent, the best place in the world with the greatest people. Already I can tell it is going to be an epic Christmas with family and friends.

Decided I'm going to stick on a non-Christmasy film tonight to make way for all the Christmas films I'll be watching over the holidays, going for I Love You, Man. No idea where the idea came from but I'm sticking with it and going for it. It maybe when I watched an interview with Paul Rudd and Jason Segel the other day when they are clearly super high at the time haha, if you've not seen it you have to see it, it is so funny!

I've never actually noticed before how many "artists" release an album so close to Christmas. That must be the first step to becoming a sell out. Someone mentioned something to me the other day which I'd never realised, but when a good actor ends up in a crappy advert, you know they've sold out and they're clearly just in it for the money, but when a good actor keeps their dignity and only appears in the odd film, you can tell that they are just doing what they do best and you can consider them an artist. But for example someone released an album this close to Christmas called "Right Place, Right Time" just thought it was rather an ironic album title.

Well I'm home and I'm going to make the most of it and eat loads of fun, walk the dog loads, and have a great time with my family. Merry Christmas everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment